To help you prepare for your surgery, we have provided a repeat of instructions that were provided to you in our office at your pre-operative appointment. We want your surgical experience to be as stress free as possible.
All appointments with Dr. Victor will take place at Victor Eyecare, 15405 N. 99th Avenue, Sun City, AZ 85351. This includes the initial consultation, the pre-operative appointment, suture removal, and the 4 month post operative appointment. Only the surgical procedure will take place at the:
Eye Institute at Boswell * 10541 W. Thunderbird Road * Sun City, AZ 85351 * 623-933-3402
Please do not have any food or drink six hours before surgery. You may take your blood pressure medication with a small sip of water when you first wake up. If you are a diabetic, please discuss this with your doctor. You will not be eating anything so you blood sugar may drop if you do.
- If you have been given a prescription by Dr. Victor at your pre-op appointment, please fill the prescription prior to the day of your surgery. If instructed, also purchase a roll of paper surgical tape prior to your surgery. This can be found at any pharmacy. If you are required to sleep with protective shields over your eye or eyes after the surgery, the shields will be provided to you at the surgical center.
- Stop blood thinners for two weeks before surgery. Any blood thinners prescribed by a physician require written permission from that prescribing doctor to stop the blood thinner, including how long the approval period is to be off the blood thinner. Fax permission to Victor Eyecare at 623-977-9007. Common over the counter blood thinners that must be stopped include: Aspirin, products containing Aspirin, Naproxen Sodium, Naprosyn, Aleve, Vitamin E, Garlic, Excedrin, Advil, Motrin, Ecotrin, Ibuprofen, Fish Oil, Alka Seltzer, Flax See, Cod Liver Oil, Ginkgo Biloba and Pepto Bismol.
- Bring a picture ID and your insurance cards to the surgical center, along with any co-payments, co-insurance or deductibles.
- Make sure you have a driver who can take you to your surgery appointment, stay at the facility during the surgery, and drive you home afterwards. It is advisable to have someone stay with you for the first 24 hours following surgery.
- Bring a list of medications with you and be aware of when you took your last dose.
- Leave all valuables at home, including jewelry such as watches, necklaces, rings earrings and bracelets.
- Please do not wear any makeup on the day of surgery, and refrain from wearing any perfume or cologne.
- Plan on staying at the surgical center for at least two hours.
- At the time of discharge, the recovery nurse will go over all discharge instructions and care with you and the person you choose to bring. You will also be provided with written instructions.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call Victor Eyecare at 623-977-9000.